2lbs Lean Ground Beef or Turkey
3 Packages of Different Flavored Idahoan Instant Mashed Potatoes
½ Mexican Cheese Package
½ Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees“Princess Crystal Says”
- Brown the ground beef or turkey in a large skillet or pot and season to taste with your favorite seasonings.
- Drain the excess grease using a strainer and place the beef or turkey in a large casserole dish as the bottom layer.
- Get a large pot to cook and mix up your three packages of the different types of flavored Idahoan instant mashed potatoes. Mix as directed and once you have thoroughly cooked the mashed potatoes.
- Layer the cooked mashed potatoes as the second layer, but be sure to completely cover the ground beef or turkey.
- Sprinkle the two different cheeses on the top of the mashed potatoes which will become the last layer of the Shepherd’s Pie.
- Place the pie in the oven for about 30 to 45 minutes until the cheese melts on top and the entire dish is hot.
- Finally, turn the dial to broil and place the casserole dish on the top rack to cook until the cheese becomes golden brown.
- Take it out of oven and set it on the counter to cool before cutting and serving.
- Serves 6 to 8
Yummy! Mine turned out wonderful! Feel free to comment if you try the recipe, because I would love to know what you think.
Thanks for stopping by,
Copyright 2021, Crystal S. Kauffman-Amon